Nutrition expert (Dietitian, Chandigarh) shares some of the interesting weight loss facts:-
1. Metabolic rate of women is slower than that of men, lucky them!
2. A female body is more prone to hormonal imbalances; which restrict weight loss making the metabolism even slower. Lucky them again!
3. A female’s body prepares itself for menstruation, pregnancy and menopause and during these stages hormones play a major role. This restricts weight loss. A man’s body doesn’t go through any of these, of-course you know, hence easier for them to lose weight.
4. Research has proven that stress levels in women are higher than that in men. Researchers however did not comment on the fact that men are the primary reason for this stress ; ) and we all know stress and weight loss are not friends.
5. Research suggests that women burden themselves more with household problems. They always carry this baggage along with them, and eat out of stress. This also means that men don’t care much – I am definitely not saying this from experience!
6. Emotions – high or low affect eating patterns, mood and behavior thus weight loss! It’s said that emotions run higher in women than men.