We usually associate chaat with unhealthy fried foods or ones that have been cooked using loads of oil. Moong Sprouts chaat is a healthy variation which has all the flavour and none of the unhealthy calories. Sprouts provide plenty of protein, vitamin c and iron to your diet.
1 cup – moong (whole)
one – large Potato
1 – large Tomato
one – large Onion
4 – Green chillies
1 – Lemon
salt to taste
1/2 tsp – chilli powder
half tsp – pepper
1/2 tsp – kala namak
half tsp – Jeera pd.
1 bunch Dhania
- Wash and soak the moong overnight. Remove water and put the soaked moong in a shallow container.
- Cover it and leave for 24 hrs in winter and 10-12 hours in summer.
- Boil and cut potatoes into small pieces.
- Cut onion, tomatoes, cucumber, dhania and green chillies into small pieces.
- Mix all vegetables together with moong sprout and masalas.
- Sprinkle lemon juice.
- Cool and serve.
2 Replies to “Sprouted green moong chaat”
Can we boil moong sprout before having fir salads
Yes you ca but steaming leads to loss of vitamins.
Comments are closed.