“Today, more than 95% of all chronic diseases are caused by food choice, toxic food ingredients, nutritional deficiencies and lack of physical exercise.”
Yes, sounds awful but true. Most of us (or I should say most of us who are health conscious) try to eat good and healthy food for a healthy body and lifestyle. We know that fruits, vegetables and whole grains are a good choice but if they a grown in depleted or contaminated soils, are we really eating healthy?
You may already have heard about soil depletion but what does it mean to us? Chemicals and pesticides used nowadays to produce crops are not only hazardous for human body who consume them, but also bad for animals and our environment. Depleted soils produce crops that have very less amount of nutrient value and more toxic.
Plants get their food from soil, so if the soil is contaminated, plants are going to get contaminated. In turn, the crops and vegetables grown on these plants, if consumed by human body, we are consuming same chemical which are going to cause health problems.
One of my relatives in Moga, Punjab, they are seeds distributors and know a lot about farming, etc. I was once shocked by their saying “we don’t eat fruits because we have seen how they are grown”. I am not going to explain what all they said here but ultimately they referred to it as “zehar” – poisonous food. One of their neighbors grow their own vegetables in a backyard park and they usually take from them.
What can we do? Until we make a change, the cycle is going to continue. How do we make a change? Break the cycle of economic-based industrialized farming practices and go organic. Organic fertilizers put the good minerals back into the soil and avoid harmful chemicals. No doubt organic costs more but remember your health and well being is priceless.
Good health habits
- Avoid medicines as much as you can. Don’t just go over the counter and buy antibiotics, etc.
- No steroids, or other questionable bodybuilding supplements
- Avoid diet pills, stimulants or fat burning pills
- No fad dieting (no starving, quick weight loss diets)
- Walk daily
- Eat organic where possible
- Take less stress, be happy
- Enjoy the life
- Hydrogenated oils (causes heart disease)
- High-fructose corn syrup / sugar / sucrose (causes diabetes and obesity)
- Homogenized milk fats (cause heart disease and cardiovascular disorders)
- Soft drinks, junk foods, snack foods or fast foods
- Processed foods such as cookies, crackers, frozen dinners, etc.
- Fried foods
- White flour and any foods containing white flour
- Brand-name laundry detergents (loaded with toxic fragrance chemicals)
- Popular deodorants (contain aluminum)
- Fluoride toothpaste (Yes, fluoride is a dangerous ingredient)
- Popular shampoos / soaps / conditioners (all contain harmful fragrance chemicals)
Achieving good health is not complicated. A human body already knows how to be healthy. Just give your body good nutrition so it has the http://freesvgfiles.info/prednisone/ building materials it needs to heal the disease and rebuild itself. Avoid foods and food ingredients that cause disease.