My blood type is O+, is there a special diet for my blood type?
Well in theory you would need a high protein diet and lots of meat! But too much meat (protein) and too little carbohydrates can put a load on your kidneys. It can give you many unpleasant side effects.
- What if you have a certain medical condition where you need to limit your meat intake?
- What if you prefer vegetarian food options?
- And what about healthy salads, fruits, dairy, and whole grains: are these foods bad for you or will they make you gain weight?
In practice NO! The hypothesis that you should eat according to your blood type is unsupported by scientific studies!
Get your facts right!
- If you eat one type of food or a group of foods, you would miss out on many essential nutrients that your body needs, and in the long run, this can result in vitamin or mineral deficiencies and their health consequences.
- You cannot maintain this type of diet because it’s too restricting.
- Each person is unique with different nutritional needs, food preferences, medical conditions, lifestyle. You cannot limit a person by his own blood type diet!
And last but not least, the foundation of a healthy diet is to have a well balanced diet food from all the food groups: whole grains, vegetables, fruits, dairy and meat and legumes, in order to get all the nutrients that you need. If you want to lose weight healthily, focus on adopting a diet that you can sustain and improve your lifestyle by ensuring your water intake, sleep quality and physical activity are optimal with lower stress levels.
It is likely people have tried the Blood Type Diet and achieved their desired results. Whether this was because of their specific blood type or just a positive change in dietary habits is another story. Like any diet fad, there is good and bad to eating according to blood type. If it changes the way you eat for the better – perfect. If you have achieved desired results – carry on and enjoy the more nutritious lifestyle you are embarking on.
Your blood type plays very little (if any) role in what type of diet you should eat and this diet was probably formulated to sell books and make money more than https://www.parentous.com/soma-no-prescription/ was to help people make sense of nutrition.
For personalized advice and diet plans, click here.
For online services and consultation, click here.