Thandai is an Indian cold drink prepared from mixture of almonds, watermelon / sunflower seeds, rose petals, rose water, pepper, cardamom, milk and sugar. Rich in zinc, iron, calcium and vitamin A, it also helps to increase digestion.
- 10 green cardamoms – seeds only
- 1 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp black peppercorns
- 1/2 coriander seeds
- 1 tsp melon/sunflower seeds
- 50 gm skinned almonds
- 5 Tbsp sugar
- 3 Tbsp rose petals
- 2 Tbsp rose water
- 750 ml milk
- Roast spices lightly on a tawa.
- Soak all ingredients except milk in enough water to cover.
- Set aside for 2 hours. Grind into a fine paste.
- Mix with milk.
- Strain liquid through muslin.
- Decorate with rose petals and serve chilled.