Finally monsoon is here. Who all love the rain? I know I do.
No doubt that early morning view from the window full of greenery and wetness refreshes your mind and soul, but you need to be careful about the infections and diseases monsoon brings – mostly due to unhygienic food and water.
- Properly wash fruits and vegetables
- Eat barley, brown rice and oats
- Add garlic to soups, stir-fries and curries
- Avoid milk, have curd
- Drink more water (preferably warm water)
- Drink green tea once a day to keep your immune system strong
- Use anti-bacterial soap and face wash
- Use talcum powder to keep skin dry
- No oily food, street food or spicy food
- No watermelons or muskmelons
- Not too much of mangoes
- Intake of dairy products should not be high
- Don’t ignore skin problems and allergies as this could be a sign of dengue
Our body constantly gets affected with allergies, infections, indigestion problems, so we must keep our body resistant against such diseases. The important point to keep in mind is that you must avoid oily food, street food or any type of food that is prepared in bulk else there is a possibility that it upsets your stomach.