Ativan is a preparation used in the treatment of anxiety disorders and a range of other medical conditions. It calms the nervous system and brings effective relief. Find out more about the medication below.
Where to Buy Ativan (Lorazepam))Without a Prescription
|Drug Name:||Ativan (Lorazepam)|
|Tablet Strength:||30 pills x 2.5mg|
|Best Price:||$165.00 (Per Pill-$5.50)|
|Where to buy Ativan?|
Relieve Your Anxiety – Take Ativan
Anxiety is considered the most common mental health disorder in the United States. However, you shouldn’t mix up the anxiety caused by daily stress with the disease that can ruin lives. The symptoms of anxiety that require medical treatment include not only the feeling of tension and nervousness but also the inability to think about anything else except for the thing you feel worried about for days, and weeks, and months. Ativan is one of the drugs that can help you resolve the issue and get your life back on track.
Ativan is a potent preparation of benzodiazepine class, which aims to relieve the manifestations of anxiety and improve the quality of life of people suffering from this disorder. This medication is on the WHO’s List of Essential Medicines, which is great proof of its effectiveness and safety. Still, the active substance of the medication, lorazepam, is controlled, so the purchase of Ativan requires a prescription. Such a restriction results from the drug’s habit-forming potential. Still, if used as recommended, you are not likely to grow dependent on the medication.
Ativan: Indications for Use, Effects Produced
Based on the FDA label for the medication, Ativan can be used in the therapy of patients suffering from anxiety disorders and anxiety as a symptom of depression. However, in practice, doctors prescribe this drug for a much broader range of health issues. Your GP may recommend taking Ativan for temporary management of insomnia, active seizures (status epilepticus included), alcohol withdrawal, severe agitation, and some other medical conditions. Please note that only a medical professional can decide whether you need treatment with Ativan or not. The decision is made based on your medical condition and the correlation between the pros and cons of such treatment.
vThe effects produced by this medication result from the influence of lorazepam on the GABA-A receptors in the brain, magnifying their effects. Ativan induces anxiolytic, sedative, and muscle-relaxant effects, which work well for reducing anxiety, improving sleep, and cutting seizures.
Dosage of Ativan. How to Choose the Right One?
The pills of Ativan contain 0.5 mg, 1 mg, or 2 mg of the active substance. Which one will best fit your dosing regimen should be decided by your doctor. The typical daily dose of the medication ranges from 1 mg to 10 mg. It depends on the health condition you suffer, your overall medical profile, and your response to the therapy. Elderly patients usually require smaller doses of the drug – 1 – 2 mg per day, divided into two or three intakes.
When splitting your daily dosage into several intakes, your doctor will recommend taking two smaller doses in the morning and daytime and a higher dose at bedtime. Such a tactic is aimed to reduce daytime sleepiness, which is a common side effect of the drug and improve the quality of your night’s rest. Anyway, you have to discuss this with your GP individually.
How to Take the Medication? General Advice on Ativan Use
Ativan is a preparation affecting your CNS. Therefore, there exist some basic recommendations on how to use this drug for the maximum benefit with minimal risks. We’ve compiled some of them in the list below.
– Take Ativan orally, preferably at the same time daily. This will help you keep the levels of lorazepam in the body fluids stable, thus enhancing the efficacy of treatment.
– Food doesn’t affect Ativan absorption from the gastric tract, so you may take the pills regardless of meals.
– To minimize the risks of unwanted reactions, start the therapy with the lowest dose and gradually increase it until you achieve the desired therapeutic effect.
– You shouldn’t drink alcohol while on Ativan as their interaction may cause severe breathing problems and other health problems.
– If you have ever had or still have any type of substance dependence, avoid taking Ativan.
– Abrupt discontinuation of the drug is dangerous, especially for those taking high doses. The only safe way to step off Ativan is to reduce the dose gradually. This may take up to several weeks, depending on how high your dose of Ativan is.
– Never take this medication if you are allergic to lorazepam or have narrow-angle glaucoma.
– Interaction of Ativan with opioids is potentially lethal, so be careful taking any other medicines along with Ativan.
The treatment of anxiety with Ativan is definitely effective. However, you should use it only if your doctor considers it necessary and safe in your case. With this drug, there’s no way for self-medication. You should closely stick to the recommendations of your healthcare provider to get excellent treatment results with no negative consequences for your health.