Post pregnancy weight loss
About 70% women, who have conceived, are troubled by the thought of gaining weight…
How to avoid putting excess weight during pregnancy
- Eat small meals frequently, every two-three hours
- Avoid too much sugar. Consume things that have natural sugar like fruits, dates, honey, etc.
- Take what your body craves for, but in moderation
- Drink enough water
- Continue routine work like cleaning, cooking, climbing stairs, etc.
- One must exercise regularly, albeit in a controlled manner
Steps to lose weight post-pregnancy
- Start with light walks for about 15-20 minutes daily
- Begin Yoga six weeks onwards, focusing on the pelvic area
- Use an abdominal binder to help bring the tummy back to shape
- Breast feed as one can lose up to 500 calories in a day
- Take the baby out for a stroll in a pram
- Eat in moderation
- Keep yourself well-hydrated
Mistakes new moms make
- Expect results to soon
- Crash dieting
- Hitting the gym without permission from the gynaecologist
- Follow a stringent exercise schedule
- Neglecting strength training and focusing more on cardio exercises
For personalised consultation and diet plans for weight loss, click here for details.
To know more about how our weight loss service works, click here.