8 easy ways to kick out junk food from your diet
Not to mention eating junk food can lead to obesity, numerous diseases and unhealthy lifestyle. But still people don’t avoid it. What’s the reaosn? People find it very difficult to throw away junk food from their life. Being a dietitian, here I am going to share some tips to help you cut down the junk food in your diet and engage into a healthy lifestyle. A lot of my friends in Chandigarh are addicted to junk food so this is for them too
1. Clear your kitchenette: This one is really important. Throw away all junk food that is hiding in your kitchen so that you don’t get tempted to eat it.
2. Donate: I know its not a good to waste food and throw it in a bin. Don’t do it. Instead, donate it to poor people or shelters where kids are in need. This will motivate you to cut down on junk food and eat healthy.
3. Buy healthy: When you go out for grocery shopping, have a list of items ready that you wish to buy so that you don’t end up buying unnecessary junk. Pick a lot of veggies and fruits. You can also buy online to avoid getting distracted from special offers on junk food when you shop around.
4. Replace: Find tasty and healthy replacements for your junk food. For example, replace cookies and chips with veg sandwich and fresh fruit juice instead.
5. Drink up: When your body is thirsty, it can end up confusing your thirst with hunger and hence you end up eating more. Try to take aorund 8 glasses of water a day. I know it’s hard but if you can gradually make a habit of this, you will see the benefits yourself.
6. Distract yourself: If all of a sudden you want a brownie or a Domino’s pizza, its craving, not hunger. It’s not going to last more than 10 minutes. So the best thing to do is distract yourself; watch TV, listen to music, make a phone call. Finf something that will divert your mind to something other than the brownie :). May sound funny but it works!
7. Brush your teeth: Yes, by brushing, gargling with mouthwash and flossing, you will feel like not ruining your minty fresh breath with sugary stuff. You will automatically say “I’ll have this a bit later”.
8. Go to bed earlier: If you are in a habit of being awake till late night, you are probably munching on junk. Try to sleep earlier to avoid it. This will keep the extra bad calories away from your body and will encourage you to make a healthier lifestyle.